Today I came across this article by Laura Montanari and I want to reproduce in full.
"Classes only for Florence ..."
The prof simulates the racial laws
Lesson shocks in an art school for Memorial Day. Among the boys who rebels and those who weep. The Minister of Education: "Congratulations to the teacher"
He wanted his boys to feel like the story can still burn on the skin. So the other morning, Thursday, the Day of Remembrance, the teacher came into class and said: "It's a move that came a bit 'I'm worried about: not later than February 15 each of you must bring your birth certificate and of residence. " Why? What is it? Became suspicious between the desks. And the professor: "I do not know whether to federalism or what, but it seems that the ministry does not pay more than the school if you were not born in Florence, and if not mostly born in Florence also your parents and your grandparents. We will finish the year and then each of you must return to their countries of origin of the family ...». Disconcert among the desks, the art school of Porta Romana. 'It is a joke? "And Professor Marc Gentilini serious:" No way, that is for us teachers. I will have to go back in Emilia Romagna. " Was simulated in the classroom racial laws of 1938.
from disbelief to anger: "But professor, then I I have to go back to China? ". "And I do not know any where in Eritrea?", "And I to Naples?". One posed a problem: "My grandfather and my grandmother was born Piemontese in Calabria: where should I go?". Some began to believe they are no longer in a democracy, someone started crying, someone has embraced the companion in tears and asked him courage: "My grandfather is from Naples, your host at my house." From the front rows have launched accusations of racism: "A circular is so unjust, rebel." Does anyone have suspected, "Prof possible that the TV did not say anything?". And the papers? and the Internet? She picked up a sheet, pretending to be a circular, "is written here."
The simulation lasted less than half an hour, then the teacher has revealed the meaning of the strange lesson: "Guys, it went something like this, a bit 'of years ago in Italy when racial laws were applied ... now maybe you understand it better. "
"that teacher has had a brilliant idea to promote the education commissioner of the Palazzo Vecchio, Rosa Maria De Giorgi I'd like to meet her. The Memorial Day should not be a ritual event that stops at one page of a book. The high school teacher has found the best way to pierce the screen and draw the attention of boys did wear them the folly of that historic moment. " Indeed, it was a shock. Vertigo. The tears of a few student tell better than words, pain, fear, loneliness, the wall that goes up when they send you away from your world.
0 comments:
Post a Comment